Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday ~ Fun Day!

      Jump Rope for Heart was this morning!  It was lots of fun to be with friends and jump rope.


              Today was also Hat Day!  We had many students wearing fun and different hats.


This afternoon we read the book My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall, another Minnesota author.  We got to make our own heart animals just like those in the book.  We learned how to cut hearts and then got right to work cutting, sliding, flipping and turning hearts.  It was more challenging than we thought, but we got the hang of it after a few accidents.

Here are a few examples:




   

1 comment:

  1. You guys look great in your hats! I love that book. Did you know I met Michael Hall at the MN State Fair this summer. My kids and I got to make heart animals with him. If you look at my blog, you can see our picture. He was at the MN Alphabet booth-- if you go to the fair, it is a fun place for kids to stop.

    ReplyDelete