Over the past few weeks I have been reading the first book, or the first few chapters in a book that is the first one in a series that is good for readers at the end of second grade or starting third grade. For example, I read The World According to Humphrey and here are 7 more books in that series. Many students are very interested in reading the rest of the books, in fact they are almost always checked out of the library.
I asked Ms. Zbacnik for a list of suggested titles and I did some research and came up with a list. Mrs. Bachhuber also shared some suggestions for series during our library visit this week. I will send the combined lists home through email. By no means is this list comprehensive, and yet it give a good amount of books that you could check out. Please know I have not read all of these books, so please use your own judgement when selecting books.
I encourage kids to read 20-30 minutes each day during the summer. It is also good for kids to listen to good readers, so reading to your child is a wonderful way to share a good book.
I hope this give kids a great start to summer reading and will help them keep their skills sharp during our break.
Happy Reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment