Today we talked more about writing directions or how to do something. I asked the students to write directions for how to go down a slide. They laughed, thinking it was too easy, and got right to work. After each student gave me their directions, we headed outside to put the directions to the test. I followed their directions just as they were written and needless to say I never did make it down the slide. We had some good laughs over the whole thing while learning an important lesson. We headed back inside and talked about how when we write directions, we need to be very specific. We then wrote directions as a class.
![]() |
| How to go Down the Slide |
This afternoon, we learned about how to trap air in water using a vial. We also tried to keep a paper towel dry by putting it in a vial and submerging the vial in water. Ask your child if they can explain how this worked.

No comments:
Post a Comment