Each Friday before we leave in the afternoon we do a Closing Circle activity. We each complete this sentence: "This week I really liked it when _________________." Each child has a chance to fill in the blank with what they liked about the week. Then, if we have time, we go around again and share "This weekend I hope to ______________________." Each person has a chance to speak and the rest of us practice our listening skills. We pass the talking apple as a signal of who is speaking. It is a great way to build community in our classroom.
I appreciate this time to share and reflect. The students love doing this each week and will remind me if I forget. There has been more than one time that we have been finishing up after the dismissal bell.
I appreciate this time to share and reflect. The students love doing this each week and will remind me if I forget. There has been more than one time that we have been finishing up after the dismissal bell.


No comments:
Post a Comment